1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

starting lawn maintance?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rookiepa, Jan 20, 2001.

1. rookiepa

rookiepa LawnSite Member

how many residential clients should i aim for in a weeks time?
  2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Another loaded question.

All depends on your equipment, size of lawn, how good you are with your equipment, speed, how much drive time, etc.

Only you can answer that question. I have a mix of large and small. Some that are considered zero lot and some that are 2 acres +. I am getting rid of all my zero lot sizes, they don't pay high enough and the time spent with smaller equip means to much sacrifice. I can do most average subdivision lawns in the time it takes for a zero lot. When I can use my lazar verses a 21".

You are the only one that will be able to figure that out, start finding work and you will know when you are getting to busy. If you give good quality and service, you will find that you will fill up fast.
  3. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

4. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

5. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

the one thing u dont want to do, which i myself did, is take on more than u can handle. i started with a 21in. mower, and took on anywork anyone would give me= big mistake, result was alot of unhappy customers, and a real beat up lawnguy. get the best equipment u can, take on only the amount of work that u can handle, and do quality work!as u become more familiar with the business, u will find the best and easiest way to work, u will get it done faster, and can add clients. keeping customers is very important, i dont have even one customer from that first year. good luck...BOBBY
  6. lawman

lawman LawnSite Member

Look at the size of the lawn, time between lawns and your equipment speed.