starting legit lawn care business tips please.

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by nismodude1988, Oct 16, 2012.

1. 32vld

32vld LawnSite Gold Member

Some places require a license in addition to registering (DBA or as corp) the business.

2. alexschultz1

alexschultz1 LawnSite Bronze Member

In Georgia it's extremely easy to get a business license. Where are u located? I'm selling a lot of equipment

3. nismodude1988

nismodude1988 LawnSite Member
    from GA

Im in the atlanta area what kind of equipment do u got im looking for a commercial grade mower
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. acculawnsystems

acculawnsystems LawnSite Member

I would make sure to dump most of your funds into advertising such as Door Hangers. These are agilely inexpensive to make and it is your own time to pass them out in the early spring / late winter. I would also invest in a smaller wall behind if you are going to do residential lots mainly. Maybe a 36 inch would suffice in the beginning. This will allow for you to get into many backyards with gates and fence. Also, I would consider on the door hangers adding your website and giving instant online quotes through your website. Offer discounts if they sign up online. We have used this method for our lawn care business the last 3 years and our growth has been very impressive. The key is to get quotes to customers as fast as possible while they are thinking about it and most likely they will go with your bid do to your response time. Being the first to bid can be very beneficial. Check out Acculawnsystems.com to see how this is possible.