Starting My Biz This Spring!! Need A Little Help??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Daleman, Feb 6, 2002.

1. Daleman

Daleman LawnSite Member

I have been checking out this site for a long time now and have gained valuable information from all of you. Tomorrow I am going to the county recorders office to register my biz name and get started, it is all very exciting. I am starting to put my advertising package together and such but need help. How do you learn of commercial accounts accepting bids? Also how do I find out when municipal accounts take bids? I did a search on this but could not find the answers to my questions. ;)

2. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Start pounding the pavement. I'd think most commercial's would already have their maintenance lined up for this season, but you never know with some. As for municipal, scan the local papers. Usually they post invitations to bid in the legal notice sections. Actually I believe for most projects they are required to by law. You could also just call the local municipalities.

3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Do yourself a favor, forget about gov't work. It sucks. Do a search on gov't contracts and you'll see why.

Some small comm'ls may not have things lined up yet. As you drive around write down some in areas that you would like to work in and send a letter to them. Also, notice any new buildings going up. Sometimes just being the first contact will help.