Starting my Lawncare/Landscaping in the Middle of the Summer!!??? How bad is that?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SouthernYankee, Feb 13, 2005.

1. SouthernYankee

SouthernYankee LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks to one extra class that I wasnt able to take this semester, I will have to take it in May, which means that I will have to start my Buisness in probally the middle of July. I know that I probally have a huge commerical account lined up, ( probally worth $400 a cut a week), but I do need some residental accounts.

How much difficulty do you think I will have trying to get any accounts and do you think they will be mostly pita or crappy left overs.

the more and more I think about it, I think I should be my Bobcat in Houston as soon as I can.

2. Turf Medic

Turf Medic LawnSite Bronze Member

You might very well get crappy or pita accounts. But you might also get some decent accounts that got tired of their crappy or pita LCO's, yes they do exist.

3. traman

traman LawnSite Senior Member

might not be as bad as you think , alot of newbees who start in spring are not always around in summer due to every excuse you can think of. hand out
    little american flags and flyers this 4 of july everything should time out right when you get out of school

4. plateau lawn care

plateau lawn care LawnSite Member
    from georgia

someone is always looking for lawn service. They build houses everyday how do you like your lesco mower by the way ,,have you tried their rider

5. bushtrimmer

bushtrimmer LawnSite Senior Member

I started just like this 7/19/98, have done better every year. Last year did about $800k and making money along the way.

6. lwcmattlifter

lwcmattlifter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

How many accounts are you looking to gain? I doubt that you will have a problem in the middle of the summer. People are always moving, dropping bad LCO's, want better service, etc. Get a good means of advertising, use iit heavily and you will be set.