1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

starting my own lawn care

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by jim risteau, Jan 9, 2007.

1. jim risteau

jim risteau LawnSite Member

hello, my name is jim and im gonna try getting a lawn care buisness up and running. i live up in northern michigan not close to any major towns . but we do have very beautiful lakes all around. which of course draw in alot of out of town big money vacation style home owners . and also theres others out there doing this stuff also. and most all of it would be residial. see im looking to get started with a budgit and small one at that... right now what im looking for are mowers descent mowers 400 to 600 hours at a great price.. ebay is way to over rated for getting a good deal...so i guess if anyone in michigan knows of a good deal on a 52" style riding zero turn mower and bagger/ and 52" walkbehind let me know.... please let me know from you close by states also.. might be a good deal and i would travel.. thanks jim
  2. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Put up a post ( looking for good mower w/400-600hrs) you should get responses from several people here.
  3. jim risteau

jim risteau LawnSite Member

i really need some help here guys

FIRESCOOBY LawnSite Senior Member

He just gave you some great info.

If you're strictly looking for a used piece...post on here, keep an eye on craigslist, paper, trader, etc.
  5. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Jim all you have to do is open the commercial mowing page and at the top of the screen click the New Thread tab and type what your looking for. You should get alot of responses.