Starting new business in CT.

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by skmodmsl, Dec 22, 2003.

1. skmodmsl

skmodmsl LawnSite Member

Hello, I'm starting a new lawn maintenance business in CT. I have a few questions I was hoping someone could answer. How do I go about registering my business ? What are the minimum insurance requirements ? Are there any publications that I can send for ? Thanks for any information.

2. Planet Landscaping

Planet Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Free Advice, Dont do it in my area. heheheheehee No really Welcome to Lawnsite. Where in Ct?

3. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

4. skmodmsl

skmodmsl LawnSite Member

Hello Jammer, My business will be located in central CT. Have you had good luck with the Powerstroke diesels ? They seem to have a ton of torque.

5. Planet Landscaping

What town? Do U race sk modifieds? Powerstrokes rule.

6. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

Well good luck to ya skmodmsl I started mine on the coast of CT this past May I'm already running 3 trucks and aside from what looks like a rather bleak winter the year is looking very promising coming up. As for your questions I found we are required to have home improvement contractors license that was rather easy to get as for insurance well I don’t have any idea what the minimums are I got a 1 mill policy on the business and 500 k police per accident on the trucks I guess id recommend just get what you feel comfortable with. I have replacement value on my equipment cause while iv never been robbed I don’t intend to find my self out of business one day if that was to happen as for publications once you got a tax id and are licensed your get so much junk mail like that your get sick of it rather quickly

7. skmodmsl

skmodmsl LawnSite Member

I work on a SK team that runs Waterford. I'm in the process of putting together my own car.

8. Planet Landscaping

I maintain Chassis Dynamics (nobody does it better)complex For Mike Paquette and Bob Cueneo And Our family ran modifieds for years. (no more) What town r u from? I prolly Know ya.

9. skmodmsl

skmodmsl LawnSite Member

I'm from Meriden. The guys I crew for have a CD chassis. Went through a few frame savers this year.

10. Planet Landscaping

Merry xmas sk. Small world huh All the info U need is at Ur fingertips now @ Lawnsite. We will help with the tough stuff. Need a name to register with town and state first.