1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

starting new business

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Retired USAF Medic, Aug 17, 2005.

1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

ps use www.vistaprint.com for your cards, try gopher free for 30days its great for billing and i use ms money for small bizz and its user friendly.

2. Retired USAF Medic

Retired USAF Medic LawnSite Member

Thank you for the friendly & sincere advice. I'm sure it will go a long way. I appreciate your honesty and value your help! By the way, I noticed the Maryland flag; I'm from Hagerstown, MD originally...knew I could count on someone from the Old Line State!

3. Retired USAF Medic

Thank you for being helpful & sincere. I will take your advice and together with some other tips and advice received will put it to practice. Thanks for not being another joker! It's fun to joke around, but not so enjoyable being the brunt of a joke when it comes to a livelyhood. Appreciate it!

4. Frontier-Lawn

5. Retired USAF Medic

How do you like Florida? Alot different from back home. Nice meeting you Frontier.

6. Frontier-Lawn

i like both but miss the steamed blue crabs like we fixed up there :cry: . here fl likes to boil everything :realmad:

7. Retired USAF Medic

Yeah, know what you're saying. I used to buy crab meat for cakes from Phillips in Baltimore, even though they weren't blue crabs, when you wanted to make cakes, they had the best price. At least now you can find Old Bay down here. When I was first stationed here in '96 you couldn't find it anywhere. Had to bring it down when I went back home.

8. Retired USAF Medic

there was a place outside Frederick, called the Cracked Claw. Good place for crab, very crowded all the time now though...

9. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

That is how i bought by new eXmark, except i have 1 year for the 0%. Its my moms but I have to pay it back. I love credit cards like that!

10. Frontier-Lawn

and i have a grandparent up there, crabs are $75 a bushel now