1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

starting new in jones and craven county nc

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by grassrootsnc, Jul 5, 2010.

1. grassrootsnc

grassrootsnc LawnSite Member

well Im starting a lawn care business. I will be located out of Jones county (Trenton). my question is this...... I want to do this legit as my wife is looking at being a CPA, what do i need to do as far as business licenses for doing business in Craven county and Jones county? I have business insurance and have submitted an assumed name form with Jones county. I also have a federal EIN with the business name. what else do i need? I am wanting to do a sole proprietorship until i get the business off the ground then we will look into changing over to incorporated. any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Mike Clark

2. Manicured

Manicured LawnSite Member

Welcome Mike,

I think that you are starting in the right direction. Go ahead and start the process for getting your spray license. I started as a sole proprietor for the first six years until my estimated taxes were killing me. Then I became a small corporation. If you need any advice please feel free to call my business number 336-940-2500. I have been in business for 12 years and I will help you in any way.

3. grassrootsnc

grassrootsnc LawnSite Member

thank you very much sir.