1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

starting off

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by nilekyle, Mar 24, 2004.

1. nilekyle

nilekyle LawnSite Member
    from tampa

Well, hello all
    I just have a few questions?
    I have picked a name and that is ( orbitalawn )
    Some people have told me the name sounds cheesy what do u think? i picked that name bc i wanted to be diffrent then all the others something to set me apart
    I have also just spent a bunch of $ on equipment
    now I need to get licensed so I can start out what is the easiest way get licensed?like whare do i go and what is the avg. cost of getting licensed any help would be great thanks
  2. laborador

laborador LawnSite Member

Go to your clerk of court to get your licsense, it takes about 5 minutes and cost about 45 dollars.
  3. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

well since you asked about your biz name....I dont like it...at all..
    its hard to remember and doesn;t say or mean anything.
  4. TerraVenture

TerraVenture LawnSite Member

The name is fine. The most important part is your advertising to make your name known. There is a company up here in the Boston area which has a name of Modern Continental. Can you gues what they do? It doesn't really matter what there name is beacause they are the second largest contractor on the big dig in Boston. I say if you like the name go with it. Just have a good advertising scheme to market the name and service.
  5. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

6. Flipperneck

Flipperneck LawnSite Member

We mow from here to Uranus
  7. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -