1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Starting organic lawn care service, tips?

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by Ecoscapes, Mar 3, 2011.

1. HayBay

HayBay LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

This is the product banned In Ontario for cosmetic pesticide usage.

The medical expert used to ban this product (The Canadian Cancer Society) claims it causes cancer.

This is a product we use on the farmers fields for our food crops. (for the people that did not know)

This is a product that everyone uses because its reasonably priced and its safe when used as directed. (50+ years of testing) Most of all IT WORKS for its intended purpose.

Health Canada says :

Is it safe to use the herbicide 2,4-D on my lawn?

Following extensive consultation and scientific review using the most current scientific methods, Health Canada has determined that 2,4-D meets Canada's strict health and safety standards, and as such can be used safely when label directions are followed. Health Canada's review concurs with the findings of regulators in other OECD countries, including the United States, European Union, New Zealand and the World Health Organization.

http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/cps-spc/pest/faq-eng.php

2. HayBay

from Ontario

The quote below goes with the link in the post above:

To stay on course of the thread, If you want to reduce pesticide usage, a bridge type programs if possible.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2011
  3. Barefoot James

Barefoot James LawnSite Senior Member

Great post Bill - I never really thought about it like this (simple) but very true!

4. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson LawnSite Senior Member

Of course! Now why did I not think of that?

5. HayBay

from Ontario

Huber is down for the count. Poor Guy. All those years and his peers discredit him now.

6. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

you asked my opinion.........didn't you?

I gave it

where I live near Washington DC, unisex fish in bass is becoming common in streams and rivers and we are not EVEN close to the corn, soy, growing basket of the USA, but are certainly downstream

7. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

You had to go a long way to come back to "simple" didn't you? It is just the way it works. I am happy to know you for the trip

I have just copyrighted that phrase for a country music song