Starting out and impressed.

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Ace@A&P, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Ace@A&P

Ace@A&P LawnSite Member

I have been in the business for 8 years now and have just recently started my own company. In recently I mean last week. I'm getting everything in order without going over the top and lining up a few accounts to get me started. It would seem that the first 10 accounts are the hardest to get. My wife is an exceptional landscape designer so that doesn't hurt. We are going to give it a go and see what happens. I'm excited about it.

As a newb, I am overly impressed with this forum. What a great resource for rookies and veterans alike. I have already found a lot of useful info in my first 30 minutes of reading. The thing that impresses me the most is how much support is given to guys like me by the guys that have been doing this for years. It makes for a great atmosphere. I look forward to learning more.

Ace
    A&P Landscaping

2. T.M. LAWNS

T.M. LAWNS LawnSite Senior Member

Welcome to LawnSite Ace. :waving:

3. dougmartin2003

dougmartin2003 LawnSite Senior Member

welcome to lawnsite, you will find a lot of useful information on this site, enjoy

4. Outdoor_Maintenance_2010

Outdoor_Maintenance_2010 LawnSite Senior Member

welcome..

ive started this year got 7 accounts just from advertising on the internet...

5. MarkintheGarden

MarkintheGarden LawnSite Bronze Member

Welcome and Good Luck!

6. ACA L&L

ACA L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

congrats and good luck...

7. dslc

dslc LawnSite Member

where do you advertise and how? thanks

8. adblackett

adblackett LawnSite Member

Craigslist, all day... you'll even find people posting that they need someone to mow their lawn. Some people do everything on craigslist from job hunt to home improvement to dating.

9. Ace@A&P

Ace@A&P LawnSite Member

I agree. Craigslist gets me all of my business. I got my first account through CL, the next two were through a friend, and then I bought out a company (equipment and accounts) that I found advertised on craigslist. Just over a month or so in and I have 23 accounts now. I'm loving this industry. I can't wait until next season. We are going to concentrate on picking up some realtors and bank foreclosed properties. I have one bank and one realtor that I work with now and it has been good. They always pay when they say they will and they are willing to pay good money for a good service. I'm very excited.