Starting out in indianapolis, indiana

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by LuxuryLawnCare, Dec 22, 2009.

1. LuxuryLawnCare

LuxuryLawnCare LawnSite Member

Hello guys just wanting to introduce my self here, names Jason wife is Liz i got 3 beautiful babys amber who is 8,Autumn who Ir almost 2 and my little boy Jack who is 5 months old.We live in indianapolis,Indiana i have just finished buying all my equipment to start our company Luxury Lawn Care this spring.So from our family to yours Hello
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Welcome to the site! Any questions just ask.

3. LuxuryLawnCare

Thank you
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. LuxuryLawnCare

I was wanting to know when the best time to start doing my advertising such as door hangers and flyers and if anyone has any catchy advertising that does good for them.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. JayD

JayD LawnSite Silver Member

Hi Jason......

It looks like your are new to this so let me tell ya, this is a very good site to learn from. Although......let me also warn you that there are some on here who will try to tear you down just because you are new and they are bullies........So take things on here with a grain of salt....Meaning don't let them get to you...I will pm you to tell you more.

6. Father&Daughter Lawn care

Father&Daughter Lawn care LawnSite Senior Member

Jason,
    Welcome, I am a fellow Hoosier myself. Just about anything you want to know is on here. You just have to take the time to look through old threads. If you don't find what you are looking for then start your own thread.

Good luck in your business venture.

7. LuxuryLawnCare

Thank you will do
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. LAWNKC

LAWNKC LawnSite Member

welcome, im in a similar boat to you. In regards to your questions on advertising, here in midwest I understood late feb. early march is good time to start passing out first round of hangers. and some ideas from what I read say pass to the same areas several different times that way it becomes a familar name to those reading your flyer. as for catchy slogans, one friend of mine used for snow removal the bold heading "name your price" and when people called to ask what that meant he said because not everyone has the same size lot that everyones price varied and as a customer it would not be fair to them to get a quote by phone. many agreed and had him come out and bid them, that was just a good way to get their attention. although that worked for one it may not work for everyone.

best of luck!

9. LAWNKC

LAWNKC LawnSite Member

just curious if this is your start up, what equipment did your purchase and what reasons did you choose what you did? are there certain services only you will be providing or are you going to include landscape, etc.

10. LuxuryLawnCare

Im looking more into mow and go for my first year and i bought a 48in lesco walk behind and a 44in dixie i may do some mulch to just depending i don't want to take on more then i can chew or low ball at all i will be licensed and insured i have a sub for snow that will give me a ten percent commission for the snow jobs i bring his company there name is Broch snow removal.
    Posted via Mobile Device