Starting out in NC

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Pick, Nov 12, 2012.

1. eich09

eich09 LawnSite Member

I live in Clayton, just took the exam a few months back and got my license. I'm going to be strictly applications, no mowing. But it's only a part time gig for me. Next week will be my first lawns for pre-m. I called for an insurance quote and the lady asked me what my expected gross sales will be? I said good question. I'm hoping for about $2000 my first year.
    Cheers

2. eich09

eich09 LawnSite Member

What equipment is needed for the mosquito treatment? A sprayer or a fogger?

3. smallstripesnc

smallstripesnc LawnSite Senior Member

I'm in Charlotte, NC and want to get my pesticide applicators license but not even sure where to go to get started. I wish there was a place I can go and take classes then take the exam.

I looked into mosquito spraying as well and a few of my clients have a company that comes and uses a Stihl blower with a tank on it to fog them and they told me its not a weekly thing like lawn maintenance but there's definitely money in it if your able to get the product cheap.

4. Nate'sLawnCare

Nate'sLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Here's a link to the class registration form and the location information is on pages 2 and 3 of this link:

http://ipm.ncsu.edu/pesticidesafety/spring2013.pdf

It looks like the Monroe class is closest to Charlotte.

I highly recommend taking the class and then the exam directly afterward. I got the study manuals and read them once prior to the class, then took the class/exam. I scored in the 90's on the core and the O&T exams.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013