Starting out questions?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LOBOS48, Feb 12, 2002.

1. LOBOS48

LOBOS48 LawnSite Member
    from KANSAS

Starting out questions?

Let me start off by saying that this website has been very helpful in answering a lot of our questions and very helpful with a lot of input. My dad and I run a retail store for the last 12 years here in Wichita, Ks and since 9-11 our business (like most others) have slow down some. It doesn't take 2 of us to run the shop now, so one of us needs to get a part-time job. After looking through the paper and some phone calls for part-time work we decision that I'm wroth more that $5.50 to $7.00 an hour. So we made a decision to start a mowing service here in Wichita Ks. We have brought our equipment, just got our cell phones, will be getting our business cards and flyers out in the next 7 to 10 days and at the end of the month will be buying a new 2002 truck.
    We have several questions and would like any information that you would think would be helpful to us.

Question 1: Is there some form or paper agreement or contract on job description?
    Question 2: What is the best method for getting paid?
    Question 3: What is the best method of price estimating?
    Question 4: Is tax included in the price? ($25 or $25 plus your local state tax)
    Question 5: What kind of insurance and how much insurance is sufficient?

Thank you for your time, looking forward to your postings and emails.

You can reach us at lobos48@aol.com or our company email address ycmowing@aol.com

YoungÂ’s Custom Mowing