starting out

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CODYHEATHER, Mar 15, 2001.

1. CODYHEATHER

CODYHEATHER LawnSite Member

How many of you use Grasshopper mowers? I have a opportunity to mow for one customer, approx 4 acres. I want to purchase a 60" mower. I believe I can mow the whole thing in approx. 4 hours (not much to trim). The income from this job will pay for my mower in about 1 year. Is this a good deal? Then I would have a mower that my brother would like to rent from me for 1 to 2 days a week, and gererate more income. I don't want to quit my full time job, the money is too good!!

2. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

With a mower that size you could mow that size area in 2 hours or under. Don't know about paying off that mower in 1 year though with that one lawn unless you're buying used. Remember it runs on gas and gas prices aren't the best right now.

3. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

You will find that most members here have Exmark and a lot of us have Dixie Chopper. I know that I could mow 4 acres with very little trimming, as you said, in about 1 hour with my Chopper. I don't know that much about Grasshopper, but a 60" should be able to mow it in at least 2 hours. You need to go demo more machines. Is this model you are thinking about an out front or mid mount? If you get a faster mower, you could do a lot more work and pay it off in less time. :)