1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

starting out

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by atlwteboy240, Jul 6, 2007.

1. atlwteboy240

atlwteboy240 LawnSite Member

so i just got a old sw52-13k scar walkbehind belt drive, ive already rebuilt the carb adn pulled, cleaned and replaced the spark plug. is there anyother info anyone can give me to get this thing running??

also if anyone has anyother tips for good buisness it would be really apresheated..
  2. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

Whats an SW ? Does the motor have compression ?
  3. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

Are you getting spark? Depending on the type/age of ignition you may need a condenser and points.
  4. atlwteboy240

i got it running!! after i took apart the carb and soaked it in cleaner, i rebuilt it and put it back on.. cleaned the plug and put a little bit of gas in the plug hole and reinstalled the plug. it fired up the first try.

not batd for somthing that has been sitting for 11 months.

it only ran a few seconds because the fuel filter is cloged so i went and bough new fuel lines and filter put them on and pulled 3 times without the plug just to get the gas circulating, put it back in and it fired up on the first time..
  5. rudeboy

rudeboy LawnSite Member

good job glad you got it going
  6. atlwteboy240

ok well now i cant keep it running.. i can put a little bit of gas in the cylnder and it will fire right up.. but it wont stay running.. i dont understand.. any sugestions??? ill post some pics of it..

of course ive cleaned it up a little bit since i took these pics..

7. EMJ

EMJ LawnSite Member

Check the fuel pump??? You may need to reclean the carb.
  8. ExecutiveLawns

ExecutiveLawns LawnSite Member

Yea i would check your fuel pump
  9. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

Fuel pump would be a good start (if it even has a fuel pump, from the pics it just looks gravity feed but can't be 100% sure from the pics) but the carb could still be the problem. We go through it everyday, take a carb off spend 30 minutes rebuilding and reinstalling it just to find out you can't bring that carb back to life. You'll probably have to spend $50-150 for a NEW carb.
  10. atlwteboy240

no it dosent have a fuel pump.. could i add one on? well wen i cleaned the carb i couldnt get the jet out.. so that didnt get cleaned could it just be cloged??

do you still have that blower for sale? and how much.