starting out

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by turfjunkey, Feb 6, 2002.

1. turfjunkey

turfjunkey LawnSite Member

I am just starting out in the business need to know things like the best way to advertise and the best time to advertise what type of insurance I should carry easy way to give an accurate estimate really anything you guys can tell me about the business would be helpful.
  2. We'd probably need to know more about your situation.
    What type service will you offer etc?

3. outrunjason

outrunjason LawnSite Senior Member
    from dallas

I advertise by direct mail. I find it to be good. I also put signs on street corners. Get a lot of calls from them also. (get a lot of the signs pulled up to).

4. Cowman65

Cowman65 Banned

I dunno about the other people here but i find flyers annoying
  5. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Fliers and door hanger ARE annoying to people that are not in the market for that particular service or good. But, if someone who gets one of my fliers and wants one of my services, then there could be a deal made.

Use the search feature and you will find a wealth of information beyond your imagination. When I first came across the site, I was spending 5-6 hours a day reading. I have slowed down a bit to 2-3 hours a serious!

6. lawnworker

lawnworker LawnSite Senior Member

In this area newspapers will get you a pretty good response. You will have to weed out those looking for the ultra low price, however just starting out you cant be to choosey either.