1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Starting pay??

Discussion in 'Employment' started by Manna, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Mahoney3223

Mahoney3223 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

starting wage is 8.50 foreman makes 13.00

2. Duck Dodger

Duck Dodger LawnSite Senior Member

You may be finding people who have had bad experiences with other employers. I know I wouldn't start a job unless I was geting paid what I asked. Case in point last company I worked for I was hired on as Operations Manager which included sales. I was told 45k salary would bump up to 48k after 90 days. I worked 70 plus hours a week never saw a dime even after 2 years. Some folks may think they won't see that 15.

3. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

I don't have regular employees, I just hire some friends from the FD or school to help when I need it, like when doing clean-ups. If they have had no experience before they start at $8/hour but if they do have experience (usually a season or two) they get bumped up to $10/hour.

4. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

your starting pay is high...

5. hakasaw

hakasaw LawnSite Member

$150.00 a day !! Dang, I'm glad my guys don't read this.

6. Mike's LawnCare Landscape

Mike's LawnCare Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

If I could find some one to get the work done (hard worker ) . I would pay them $150 a day

7. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

you can't find a hard worker for 18.75 an hr. or 750.00/900.00 a week in this economy why, what is going on where you are?