1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Starting Spring Clean ups North East

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by mexiking, Mar 9, 2008.

1. mexiking

mexiking LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Hey North Eastern folks, Just wondering when you guys are starting to do spring clean ups? I think we will be starting this week here in North NJ. I will start with whatever houses I did not do final clean ups for. I saw some guys who started last week, but it seemed too early since the ground is very wet, even this past saturday it was pouring like crazy so I don't know if its possible for tomorrow maybe tuesday. When are you guys going to start? or did you start already?

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

we just got about a foot of snow so it will be awhile for us in ohio
  3. Looking Good Lawn Service

Looking Good Lawn Service LawnSite Senior Member

weather is starting to clear up around here, im gonna start the 17th, weather permitting. most of my buddies will start the 17th.
  4. RickR1818

RickR1818 LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys, I have a side question on this subject. I started last year late in the season. I expect to get a few calls on Spring Cleanups and basically wanted to know what you guys include in your cleanups.
  5. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

I wish I could go out today. 10th. I doubt I'll even be able to get out before the 19th. Maybe I'll see how some of my dust bowls are while I'm out there doing estimates, but I'm staying off my nicer lawns till the last week of March.
  6. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

I started cutting pampas grass today, will probably be doing some cleanups by the end of the week I suppose.
  7. wintergreenlawn&landscape

wintergreenlawn&landscape LawnSite Member
    from CT

It's only the second week in March, we're going to get more snow the way this years going.
  8. JimmyStew

JimmyStew LawnSite Senior Member

I was thinking about starting this week. We're going to bring the snowblower along with us to blow off the 3+ feet of snow so we can get to the beds!:laugh: Seriously, we have another month, at least before we can get started. All the equipment is still snowbound.
  9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

weather permitting, startup on a limited schedule 03/17
  10. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

I have the freakin flu... but if I'm feeling better, I''l start on Thursday or Friday. I have a new customer that asked me to get it done as soon as I could... cleanup and some power raking. His beds look like they never got done in the fall. I sure won't work on St Patty's day though! Or... Good Friday... so I want to get started.