1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Starting time

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CCLC, Feb 16, 2001.

1. CCLC

CCLC LawnSite Senior Member

I was just wondering what time everyone gets to their first lawn in the morning.
  2. SJR Lawncare

SJR Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Residentals, I try not to start till at least 8:30 am, Commercials, ASAP,I have one commercial account that is a car dealership that has huge lights everywhere, I can & have mowed that place at 5:00 am under the lights.

3. Chopper Lover

Chopper Lover LawnSite Senior Member

My customer load allows me to be flexible. I base my start time on a few variables, but generally start between 8-9:00 am.

I consider the amount of dew on the ground, traffic conditions in the area I am starting with, afternoon/weekly weather forecast, am I on schedule or behind, who is dropping off or picking up my son from school, etc.

4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

High heat and humidity of summer I will start about 7:30 to 8. If its a commercial I have been there before the sun came up. I hate doing commercials with all the cars around. Just one liability I don't want.
  5. lawman

lawman LawnSite Member

Res. 7:30 to 8:00 am Com. Some first light.
  6. nlminc

nlminc LawnSite Bronze Member
    from GA

We do one of our Commercials at 4:45am in the summer. Residentials we start between 7 and 8am depending on the customer. I had one customer complain about a 7am start time once, just moved him around.

7. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

We usually try to get to our first lawn by 9:15am.
    We like to get there earlier, but in the spring and fall there is just too much dew on the yards to cut too early.
  8. npalomba

npalomba LawnSite Member

Never before 8am on Res. Commerical anytime.
  9. Grassman

Grassman LawnSite Member

7am on weekdays and 8am on the weekend regardless of comm. or res. Russ
  10. Jerrys Lawn Service

Jerrys Lawn Service LawnSite Member

We're pulling out of the driveway 8:00am sharp!