Starting up landscape biz again and NEED CUSTOMERS!!!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by JTLawnandLandscape, Jan 22, 2008.

1. JTLawnandLandscape

JTLawnandLandscape LawnSite Member

Changed careers a year ago and decided to leave landscaping for "greener grass" but discovered that Landscaping is something I truly enjoyed and was good at- I knew I had $$$ in the bank at the end of the day. Fortunately, I kept 90% of my equipment- 1990 One ton diesel dump, 60inch zturn, 48 walk behind, big backpack leafblower, trac vac system for z, thatcher and aerator and 16 foot landscape trailer and older diesel case skid steer. Unfortunately, I lost every customer I had. I need some help coming up with an aggressive plan to aquire a good amount of customers and WORK!!! The key is being aggressive and coming up with a plan to attack. My first goal is to letter up my truck- door logo, signage on side of dumpbed and back. Next, leave yard signs everywhere I do jobs. I was also thinking of doing a mailing at the beginning of march- send out postcards and possible door hangers- blanketing neighborhoods. Anyone have any good suggestions for an aggressive approach to jumpstart this year with tons of work? Thanks for you input!!