1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Starting up this spring

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Precise, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Precise

Precise LawnSite Member
    from Mideast

We are starting up this spring. We had to go in a different direction. We are planning on our first marketing sweep this spring to be about 10,000 flyers. Hoping we land anywhere from 30- 50 customers from these flyers and building ourselves a solid base. During the summer we continue to distribute another 10,000 flyers promoting our name and another 10,000 at the end of season for next season. Alot of work but i hope it will get our name out there and build a solid base for us. We hope to hit 100 customers going into the 2008 season. Wondering if you have any advice.

2. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Do the best possible work you can on each customer that you secure ...Word of mouth from happy customers is priceless......

3. Precise

Precise LawnSite Member
    from Mideast

My family has owned a small business before and we got more business through word of mouth than anyother marketing technique out there. I hoping to just establish some name recognition.

4. biggin69

biggin69 LawnSite Member

Word of mouth is by far the best way to get more business. Do an excellent job on the lawns you have and develpoe a good customer relationship. Family and friends of the customer will see the quality work you do and will ask "Who does your lawn". It is all down hill from there. Of course, this is what I am told as I myself only have three service agreements so far this year.