starting up?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ince Landscape, Mar 9, 2007.

1. Ince Landscape

Ince Landscape LawnSite Member
    from zone 6

So i'm located in central jersey and I was curious when you other northeast guys were going to start your clean-ups. In the past i've started the first or second week of march but this year the march weather isn't on my side. So what are you guys doing?

2. prizeprop

prizeprop LawnSite Senior Member

We usually plan on the 15th of March, Not sure this year though. Falls on a Thursday and is a little wet yet.Probably hold off to the 19th.What town are you in INCE?

3. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

im going out as soon as i can!!!!! im going to get the mowers out of the garage tomarrow. with my luck we will probably have 10 feet of snow!

4. RICHIE K

RICHIE K LawnSite Senior Member

We started last week but stoped cause of the snow so will start againg on Mon. mostly commercial propertys

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

19th weather permitting with mulch installs

6. Ince Landscape

from zone 6

Prize i'm in Westfield. I really want to start on monday the 12th because it's supposed to be so nice all week but then again the ground is still soft and the talken more rain sat night. So we'll see. Maybe we'll start on wed the
    14th who knows lol.

7. prizeprop

prizeprop LawnSite Senior Member

I heard Westfield/Clark area is pretty good for work and money.They still pickup leaves curbside I believe also.We do 80% of our work in Edison and 20% in Warren where I live.I hate to start too early because they get messy again before first cut and sweetgums some hang on depending on the year. Were close, so if you ever run into a problem, pm me.

8. Allens LawnCare

Allens LawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

This week will be 60, I'll be out!!!

9. Sir mowsalot

Sir mowsalot LawnSite Senior Member

50,s and 60,s here, so i will be out and about too. Calls starting coming in yesterday, it was so nice out.

10. Ince Landscape

from zone 6

Yea they still pick up leaves curbside....... thank god! I found out this year from someone from the dpw that westfield alone generates 50,000 cubic yards of leaves each fall, CRAZY. Edison is a nice area to work in, one of my clients down here has a house in warren and wants a new landacaper, she said it seems like all the guys around her quality sucks. I believe this would be a high end account. I would take it except i'm not going to warren for one account. If you want it let me know.