starting up

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by ELITE1LAWN, May 15, 2007.

1. ELITE1LAWN

ELITE1LAWN LawnSite Member

this is my first year in the biz and i am doing ok was just wondering how many clients some of you guys had your first year and how you got the word out about your biz

2. charmill26

charmill26 LawnSite Senior Member

10 without really trying. flyers.

3. CJMLS

CJMLS LawnSite Member

Flyers work great. But what works even better is word of mouth. Once you have been established for a couple years, referrals will be your main source of new clients. Good luck cjm

4. CJMLS

CJMLS LawnSite Member

to add to that, you should have no problem getting at least 10 clients with flyers if your aggressive about it

5. ELITE1LAWN

ELITE1LAWN LawnSite Member

where do you guys hang flyers or do you just put them in neighborhoods stores or do you put them on peoples doors

6. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

22, word of mouth and I think I passed out 2 or 4 thousand flyers, don't recall.
    Don't even ask, lots of lowballing but I really didn't mean to :laugh:

7. Pioneer01

Pioneer01 LawnSite Member
    from Denver

Ain't that the truth. I was looking at some of my prices from last year and after looking at this years costs like fuel, insurance, taxes, etc...I would need to mow about 250 lawns a week. Granted the residental lawns I targeted are small (4000 square feet and smaller) it just wasn't worth it.