1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Starting with lawnboys

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Ejs71, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Ejs71

Ejs71 LawnSite Member

Hey guys,
    Is anyone out there still using the 2 cycle lawnboys especially in the first couple years. I know they are a little dated and there are a lot of newer mowers out there, but I got mine for good deals.
  2. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Enjoy them while you can still find them. You won't find many coils for them which was the most common failure. Keep the air filters clean and the RPM's adjusted correctly.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. smallstripesnc

smallstripesnc LawnSite Senior Member

The older two cycle lawn boys are awesome mowers! I personally love them. Nothing wrong with starting with them and as the guy above mentioned the coils are a pretty common failure and they're kind of hard to find but you can find a few on ebay.

I personally have two of the Toro suzuki two cycle 21's and love them. They're pretty fuel efficient and cut great imo. You won't be able to bang out a ton of lawns using 21's unless the lawns in your area are small but they will get the job done.