starting yet ANOTHER mowing business

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by i_plant_art, Aug 12, 2006.

?

Which name?

Poll closed Sep 11, 2006.
  1. Turf Lizards

5 vote(s)
    20.8%
  2. Ultimate Turf

5 vote(s)
    20.8%
  3. The Ultimate Turf Experience

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Diamond Turf

13 vote(s)
    54.2%
  5. Turf Diamonds

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  1. i_plant_art

i_plant_art LawnSite Senior Member

ok going to get things deeper into lawn care... im going to start another mowing business but am wanting to use a different name, in caser my idea diesnt work with the all the "odd" advertising i am going to do i dont want to tarnish my existing company name. So a new name must be created but im at a loss of thoughts latley for this name. i have 3 options i have thought of.... what do you guys think.............im open to other suggestions as well.... this will be for mowing only.the options are 1.Turf Lizards 2. Ultimate Turf or The Ultimate Turf Experience 3. Diamond Turf

2. crab

crab LawnSite Senior Member

is there an other box i can check.no offense ,but whats the obsession with turf.

3. i_plant_art

no no other box but you can post it.... no obsession just lets people know this company will only do turf... no landscapingm no irrigation, no mulching... myexisting company does all of that.

4. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Sorry, and no offense but ALL of those names suck

5. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

i think you need to come up with some more names.

6. Ric3077

Ric3077 LawnSite Bronze Member

So is your new company going to underbid your old company?

7. i_plant_art

thats why i made the thread fellas..........anyone got any suggestions? so much for getting so help around here i thought thats what the site was for?

8. i_plant_art

NO it will not

9. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

why were you using "dimonds" in your names so much? any particular theme or thing you are trying to get the biz named after?

10. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

What is going to be special about this new company? Is there a niche you are trying to fill in your market? Is this new company going to have cheaper prices than your current company? If you are going to try to reel them in with price, then something real simple like "Affordable Lawn Care", may catch their attention. None of the names you selected, diamonds, lizards etc, did it for me.
    As for help, how can someone help you, when we don't really know what your reason is behind this new company, what types of customers you are going to be trying to target, what sized properties etc. It must be something different than what your current company services.
    What does lizards have to do with lawn care?