Startups

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by rvsuper, Mar 30, 2003.

1. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

Anybody in the northern parts of the states start em up yet? Really warm this week, thinking of maybe starting mine up.

2. MikeK

MikeK LawnSite Member

Although it feels like the frost is over, I'd be more comfortable waiting until the 1st week in May in MN. the system really is not needed until at least the middle of May

3. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

Last year, along with this year, it is really dry, and I am thinking now of either next week or the week after that. Thoughts?

4. Arnold

Arnold LawnSite Member
    from Wyoming

We would start ours in the next week but we have No Water!:(

5. Oh the advantages of being in California. Because of a weired and mild winter, many of our clients didn't shut down their systems. So, yes we have systems on. Downside is though, I don't get to make extra money doing winter blowouts.

John

6. CMKC

CMKC LawnSite Member
    from KC

Here we start around the middle of March. I tend to hold of until the first of April though for my customers.

7. dougaustreim

dougaustreim LawnSite Senior Member

We will be starting them up here in SD next week. Tried to start the one here at the nursery this week, but still had some ice in the lines apparently becuase nothing would go through.

Doug

8. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

Speaking of ice in the lines I better tell a story that goes along that line:

Last year when I started my system at home, I did my only zone with spray heads. The end head didn't come up. This never happened before, so I dug it up wondering what the problem was. Here is was a chunck of ice, and I cussed at myself for tearing up the lawn because I started the system up just a little earlier than last year...well won't do that again, but plan to start systems up this coming week including up at the course(boy won't that be fun!:rolleyes: ).

9. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I've been starting some systems this week. It is the clients responsibility though when the temperature drops or if it starts snowing. As it may do this weekend.

Already done 6 copper splits due to freezing.

Next week is almost full and the week after is about half full.

10. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

Started my system up this afternoon at home:

P.S. Doug, have you started any up yet?

spkr 001.jpg