State of Confusion........

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AmsoilPower, Jan 8, 2008.

1. AmsoilPower

AmsoilPower LawnSite Senior Member

Gentleman, I must admit I am very confused.:confused: I have been reading and also have been involved in many posts the last couple of weeks. As most of you have probably seen by now I am a dealer for Amsoil. Over the past few weeks I have started several posts regarding Amsoil products and there have been some excellent discussions both for and against. I have read countless posts from you guys stating you do not like the fact you have to wait for your oil products to arrive at your door. I can understand this to a certain point until I read all the posts about how alot of you are now buying almost all your parts online, paying shipping and waiting for them to hit your door. I would think a part that has broken on a mower that is making you X amount of dollars an hour is more important to have "right now", but many of you are waiting for it to arrive UPS. I do not see oil as a "right now" product like a part that has just broken leaving you w/ your hands up in the air. Oil is something you can have a little of on the shelf and when you see that you are getting low----order some more. Not really any different than replacing that belt on your shelf that you just put on your mower and want another for a spare "just in case". You know when your trucks and mowers are due for an oil change. Order it a week in advance so when you are ready its there waiting. I am sure when you buy 2-cycle oil, you don't just buy enough for 2 gallons of mix worth do you? I bet it is purchased by the case or more. I think it is worth it to be able to buy a very good quality oil for both your equipment and trucks all from one place or maybe thats just me. As I have stated before, as a commercial account you pay 20-30% less than the prices shown on the Online Store that many of you have checked. I know this because of my online reports showing how many hits I have had on my Online Store and the Product Application Guide. In 3 weeks these #'s are 350% over my last 6 months combined. So, there is interest out there and some of you have PM'd me for more info and hopefully I have delivered what you wanted.

I say all that to say this.......Why can you not afford to wait for oil to be shipped to you? Don't give me the "its too expensive" line. I have seen with my own two eyes how much more you would pay for quality service from your dealers and would happily pay X amount more at a different dealer that had the part you needed on the shelf.

Yes, I am a dealer, but I am not your local equipment dealer. Don't hate me for that.

2. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

well sometimes its easier to head over to autosomething and grab a quart or 2 of mobil.
    See the bigger outfits change oil often and if you get behind in ordering you are stuck. This happend to me this year I order amsoil and fell behind on saber product.

So I can understand guys not wantting to stock on there shelves when it is 2 min away when needed.

3. D Fricks

D Fricks LawnSite Member

Just wanted to say that I use Amsoil in all of my equipment and trucks this stuff is great would never go back to Reg. oil after using this. What do you have to do to qualify for the commercial Account Thanks great products.

4. AmsoilPower

But how many times a year does one do this and it costs $XXXX more than just ordering 6-12 months worth at one time w/ a commercial account? Your way is easy, but isn't buying bulk at one time easier? It's oil, you know it will get used. Expensive upfront maybe, but spread it out over 10 months......

5. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

$122 dollars for a 5 gallon pail of hydro oil!!!!! holy crap thats a lot. i bought 15 buckets from tsc in the last two weeks at $37 dollars each. if i bought from you that would be $1830 !!!!!!

6. AmsoilPower

Curious to know how long it takes the TSC oil to warm up enough before it begins to flow thru those pumps without any "grinding" noise in the Michigan cold?????

7. AmsoilPower

Picasso---Too bad you don't live closer to me. I would love to buy you a beer or two!!!!!:drinkup::drinkup:

8. P.Services

i have never heard any noise come from the pumps, never had a problem with it. i think blown lines and broken fittings are a every day occurrence in this industry and i know i would be sick to watch 1800 dollars of oil blow out of my machine in 5 seconds.

9. AmsoilPower

That being the case, I understand. I would probably be ill as well.

10. P.Services

i could see running it in machines that didnt have every day break downs or as transfluid where it was in place for 1000hrs or so. i just have bought a crap load of oil i the last two week so i thought i would check out your website thinking it may have saved some cash.