State paper work

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Willofalltrades, Jan 4, 2006.

1. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

I redad that in Ohio I need to get a Service vender's liscence. Is their any other liscences i have to get? How hard is it to get one? thanks

2. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

were in ohio are you? you do need a service vendors license get it from county building cost like $10.00. you will need a pesticide license if you want to fert or spray. also put commercial plates on your truck if you dont you can be stopped and the fine is rather large.

3. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

some county offices requre a vendor license, some do not but you have to register at the state level, here is the link with all paper work to be legal in ohio

50.00 filing fee

http://business.ohio.gov/business_cycle/starting_business.shtml

4. bgusler

bgusler LawnSite Member

Hello,

I live in Orlando, Florida. Does anyone know what type of licensing that I would need to start my business? I would also be spraying fertilizers/pesticides. Also, do I need to put commercial tags on my vehicle?
    :confused:

5. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

service vedor license is required by the state. that is were you get your sales tax number so you can pay sales tax and also to by materials tax exempt

6. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

thats hard to type.... just figured you thought he knew it already....
    :drinkup: