Statement of Service..What do you use & what do you think of mine?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by walker-talker, Jul 17, 2003.

1. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I made this on Excel and tried very hard to make it look as non-generic and complete as possible. Where the heading titled "COMMON PESTICIDES TO BE APPLIED", I just used Dimension for all 18 to get a feel for the look of things. I will have the top 18 most popular pesticides labeled there. Since this is my first year, I don't have much experience with what is most effective.

As you probably noticed, I incorporated my SOS with my estimate/bid sheet. I did this primarily because I did not need a full sheet for each of them. I also did this to save money. I will ultimately take this to a print shop (Office Max) where they will print 2 sheet, carbon-less copies. I will probably have to change this on a near, yearly basis and business grows and services are added, altered or dropped. This is not a contract my any means.

I just had a thought, I will have to add an area for billing address, but you get an idea of what it will look like.

So what do you think? What do most of you use....your own or pre-printed from somewhere like Real Green? If anyone would like to share their template, I would feel privileged to view it. If you don't want to or can't post it here......please send it via email to mattu1@msn.com

Thanks for anything you have to offer!
    MATT

Attached Files:

2. Mscotrid

Mscotrid LawnSite Bronze Member
    from USA

Matt,

What state are you working in? In Kansas and Missouri you have to have additional info than what you have listed.

1- Name of applicator
    2- Certified applicators license #
    3- registered Techs license # if not certified
    4-Temperature @ time of application
    5-Wind speed @time and place of application

Personally I would not include SOS on bid sheet. I also would use more of a by Round SOS. Some customer may feel threatened by all the chemicals you have listed.

I'm probably leaving something out but, but re-post if you have more questions

3. walker-talker

from Midwest

Thanks for the info!!!

The more I get into this, the more I think you are right about having two seperate forms. The SOS forms seems to grow and grow. As far as the additional information, you might be right there. I don't remember seeing having to add that additional information that you suggested in the "business packet" that came with my license, but I was looking at a SOS from a large company (the one we all know and love) and they had a lot of that info that you suggested.

Thanks again for the input. You forced me to do some more thinking and new ideas are popping up already.

MATT

4. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

Use that other form just as a sample to help you develop yours. But ultimately use the information that your state regulations say to use. I have seen what the big company you may be referring to gives to customers here, and it is not what our laws say they are supposed to do. I don't know how they get away with it, but be careful using their paperwork as a guideline.

5. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

Indiana greatly simplified the lawn posting and notification rule a couple of years ago. Used to have to list all active ingredients by common or scientific names, along with percentage by weight of each ingredient in the application. Now we just need trade name of chemical used. See Indiana rule at http://www.isco.purdue.edu/revised_for_hire_turf_pest_control.htm.

Your state must have some specific guidelines as to what is required. I make up my own on two part carbonless paper. But then I have a dinosaur dot matrix printer available, LOL.

6. walker-talker

from Midwest

Thanks for all the advice. I have decided to seperate the estimate/bid form from the SOS. After reviewing a list of what is required by the state of Kansas, I have everything on there except for wind direction and speed. I guess now I have to buy one of those mechnical devices that I have seen in Ben Meadows that do just that. If I am treating broadleaf weeds I can just put that down....as goes for grassy weeds, but I do have to be more specific when treating for insects. Believe it or not, but I don't even have to put down my license # (but I plan on it). I have been working on my estimate for right now. The more time I put into, the more ideas I have and the better it's starting to look. I can see putting together my SOS form being a winter project....lol

Thanks again for the help
    MATT