Staten Island

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by ACutAbovesiny, Sep 2, 2006.

1. ACutAbovesiny

ACutAbovesiny LawnSite Senior Member

New to the site and haven't seen alot of people on here from my area. Just wanted to see if you guys are out ther and say whats up?
  2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

There are a number of guys from SI including aponte (Paul) and fga (Adam) to start with.
  3. mikefromny

mikefromny LawnSite Member

sarni and sons from staten island , anybody know them ?
  4. scaper27

scaper27 LawnSite Member

I am from Long Island. I thought P.Aponte was from around the Long Island. How is it on Staten Island. It is too congested here with guys.. I am from Huntington
  5. rodfather

my mistake
  6. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

is that the blue trucks with the orange lettering? sounds so familiar either way.
  7. fga

its strange. driving around you would think with the amount of different companies you see, from huge multi truck operations to a solo guy with a mower in his mini-van.. that it would be an issue. Yet without advertising, i can hardly keep up with the work.
    If you relied solo on lawn cutting here, you won't do so well. you may get by. but, you wind up with alot of extras on almost every account. from trimming, to thatching, leaves, etc.

i'm starting an additional employee tomorrow to try him out. just in time for leaves.

cut kid by the way. for the longest time, i had a pic of my daughter as my avatar, til i had a disagreement with a member and ripped my little girl. miss her pic on here though.
  8. rodfather

He's long gone Adam...personally I think ya should put her back :clapping:
  9. fga

i'm trying to find another one. its unreal how fast she grew since that last pic:dizzy:
  10. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

What's up guys. Yes I am from Long Island (Islip) area. Rod gets CRS sometimes at his age, it's ok though we let him slide. While yes congested, there is still a ton of work out there. I do agree that you can't make it big on just grass alone on the island though. We have become very diversified in our services, offering everything from plowing, maintenance, installs, design, to even roll off service. Only up side to maintenance is that it will always be there. I still wouldn't want more than 2 maintenance crews though. :)