Statment of Work/Contracts

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Allen's LS, Nov 14, 2005.

1. Allen's LS

Allen's LS LawnSite Member

Does anyone have a Generic Statment of work? I am having writers block. I kinda know what i want to say to this HOA, but just can't seem to coax it outa my head. LOL... :help: :confused:

Also, While I'm writing.
    I know this is going to sound stupid, but I'll ask it anyway. But I hear a lot of you saying have people sign a contract. All of my acounts are based on word of mouth and a handshake. What good is a contract if you can cancell or be cancelled at anytime. Or am I missing something? What do your contracts look like? :help:

2. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

In case there is a dispute. I dont use contracts. I would if there was more money involved

3. Allen's LS

The only reason I am thinking about it now is because its an HOA...

4. grassyfras

I do work for one HOA. One time job to. I know the contact person personally so I felt safe the first time I worked for them. It sounds like a good idea to have some written agreement for a HOA though.

5. grassyfras

Here is what I have on all my estimates with a signature line below it. I dont have anyone sign it but its there. It states:

This estimate is for completing the job described above. The price does not include any situation beyond GACB control. Any changes or unforseen conditions will be billed out accordingling.

I should add they have thirdy days to pay. Hopefully that will give you some idea and get the ball rolling.

6. Allen's LS

That sounds good. But again I'll play stupid. What is GCAB?:confused:

7. grassyfras

Company name initials

8. Need a Little Trim

Need a Little Trim LawnSite Member

If they don't sign it it isnt a legal document therefore you have nothing to fall back on.

9. chimmygew

chimmygew LawnSite Senior Member

Here is one that Greenquest gave me one time.

Attached Files:

10. Allen's LS

Thanks guys, Does anyone use a or send out a statement of work to be performed? Its more like a letter than anything else.