STAY AWAY from Husqvarna

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by ElephantNest, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

you just got yourself a lemon.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. XLS

XLS LawnSite Silver Member

If the power it has is a good fit for you then the unit will last forever with the kawi engine. they start every time if it has gas .

3. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Update; been over 3 weeks, still no call from Husqvarna. They've promised me twice they would look into it and return my call.

STAY AWAY FROM HUSQVARNA!!

4. mcopsey

mcopsey LawnSite Member

Sounds like a rusted ring to me. Especially if it had no issues during the previous running.

5. XLS

when you store a piece of equipment its a good thing to always pull the plug and pour oil in the cylinder . for next time

6. Capemay Eagle

Capemay Eagle LawnSite Bronze Member

Yep this is what I was going to say, either this or fog the engine.

7. XLS

ElephantNest i got a solution that you wont have to work the engine for .

go to a parts house and buy BLASTER its a white can of solvent one of my service guys said its about 5.00 and it actually softens rust and you pull the plug and spray half the can in the cylinder and let it sit on th piston and after a bit drain it and holding the blade work it back and forth untill it frees up the engine.

after it turns around he said spray 1 second of starting fluid in the cylinder insert the plug and pull it , it will smoke a second and clear up .
    if its a short time sieze up it wont be hard work he said

8. kly123

kly123 LawnSite Member
    from Augusta

Tip from experience... Stay away from SEARS!

9. gasracer

gasracer LawnSite Bronze Member

It's not just Sears. Most everything in big box stores regardless of who's name is on it is made by MTD for residential use.

10. kly123

kly123 LawnSite Member
    from Augusta

I agree with you, but I had a rather rough run around with Sears. They taught me to stay out of the other big box stores when making my major purchases.