Stay off my property

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, Oct 1, 2003.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

ever have an ex-customer tell you to stay off their property or they will call the authorities???

Happened to me today by the means of a letter through the mail. Basically we dropped this customer about 2 months ago and he is uspet that we can just drop him just like that without a warning. So he wrote this lettter telling us to stay off his property, when we haven't even been on his property for well over 2 months.

We basically dropped him because he claimed that we were not on his property long enough to do a "quality cut." I tried to explain to him over and over again that time is not a factor, but he claimed it was, so we dropped him.
  2. chuckwk

chuckwk Founder
    from KC, MO

Yea, I had some hard headed folks that just did not understand how you could get the job done, and done well in 10 minutes.
  3. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Never happened to me.......yet!!! Sounds like you were justified in dropping this looney toon.
  4. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

Does a barber charge you less if they can finish your haircut quicker than someone else? NO

So why should a lawn guy?

You should send him a "fake" restraining order!!
  5. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Just let it go and move on. Be the bigger person, don't even respond to the letter and keep going about business as usual.:)
  6. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

I have had it with Rude people. And the amazing thing is when you have had it these people can sense it and they won't mess with you. Can you feel it? I hope you can for your sake. BOO!
  7. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  8. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I'm not even going to call him or send him a letter with my response. Because then it is just something that can egg him on more.
  9. thill

thill LawnSite Member

The poor guy is obviously confused and can't remember who fired who!

We had this happen last year and it was hard not to dwell on it and explain to the ex-client how "his thinking was totally warped".

Instead we simply concentrated on replacing that account with mo-betta ones. Guess what - it worked many times over.
  10. Willis

Willis LawnSite Member

I'v had one of those, pathetic!!!
    Said we mowed way to fast and dropped us just like that, no ifs ands or buts.
    I toled him he must be just an unhappy old man with to much time on his hands.
    He was mad after that. :eek: :cool: