Stay with quickbooks???

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Larson Lawn Care, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Larson Lawn Care

Larson Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I have quickbooks basics, I can't bill at the end of the month for the 4 cuttings, I have to retrieve the info on my own, I was thinking about getting some new software, unless an upgrade to quickbooks pro would help this problem...so, let me know if you can help with this, or let me know what software you have, and if it is convenient for you.

2. topdog

topdog LawnSite Member
    from indiana

i use quickbooks pro & quickbooks payroll. they work well for me.

3. SLC  LLC

SLC LLC LawnSite Senior Member

why can u not bill at the end of the month? is it because the clients will not allow it or the software will not allow it? i use quickbooks basic and it works great for me. i bill whenever necessary for whatever amount of time?

i am curious as to how well quickbooks payroll works, and what the extended cost of that is.

4. bcg

bcg LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tx

You need to enter statement charges and send statements instead of invoices to achieve what you're after with QuickBooks.

5. SLC  LLC

SLC LLC LawnSite Senior Member

i agree 100%. I am not even sure how that invoice deal works. i tried it when i first started using quickbooks, and never really did figure it out. what is the difference between the statement and the invoice?

6. kppurn

kppurn LawnSite Senior Member

I'm not totally sure since I only use statements as reminders for those that are past due. Can you actually show the services itemized on statements? Reason I ask is that when I use the statements as mentioned above it just shows the invoice number and amount with aging at the bottom.

As far as the original question, there are software products available that work with QB and do what I think you are looking for. I personally use QXpress. You can schedule all of your services for the year and print invoices at whatever interval you wish. Mark off the work as done throughout the month, create invoices at the end of the month, export them to Quickbooks and the invoices are automatically filled out. Print and send, then enter payments received in Quickbooks.

7. Larson Lawn Care

My problem is that I get done for the day, I enter the invoices in. At the end of the month, when I want to send the customer the bill, I can't pull up all of their invoices for the month. I looked at the statement section, think that will take care of my problem, I need to send my customers invoices.

8. Matt k

Matt k LawnSite Member

Whenever you enter your invoice in QB, down at the bottom of the page just hit the box that has says "to be printed". At the end of the month go to print forms and then invoices and they will all come up. I print invoices through QB for about 2-300 customers a month and have no problem.

9. Larson Lawn Care

alright, thanks, I never really had time to work with it, and find everything out, I got too busy!!!

10. Larson Lawn Care

How do I pull up the invoices at the end of the month?