Staying fit?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jimbo, Jan 23, 2004.

1. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

Just wondering if everyone is keeping fit during the off season? Normally I put on a few pounds and drop them by the 2nd month of the season, but last year I didn't really drop my winter weight (Darn ZTR).
    This winter I set some goals and I am going to come out of winter a lot trimmer. Don't get me wrong I'm no lard butt by any standard. I'm just trying to get back to my fighting weight!

Just wanted to make sure you guys and gals are staying in shape.

2. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

See, now I knew I forgot to do something,
    Now I need to go get in shape! :help:
  3. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

Nope. I've been packing them on myself. I did start working out this week a bit, but with the weather so cold here it's hard to get out and walk or move around to get the exercise I need. I'm going to have to gear up to shape up soon, though.
  4. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

I have picked up about 20lbs, but I have been working out a lot too. I am ready for the upcoming season, but man is it easy to slack off and waste away in the off season!
  5. grassrootsinab

grassrootsinab LawnSite Member
    from up here

Up until last year I had been only using a 21" on small residential yards. I always lost about 15 pounds from my "winter weight". I bought a WB with a velkey last year and I didn't drop anything...darn productivity from a WB...I guess I'm not in the biz for the weight loss...maybe I should give Jenny C a call!!
  6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Staying fit? Nope, I'm working on my winter coat.
  7. sheppard

sheppard LawnSite Senior Member

I put on some weight every winter. By the end of the first month of cutting season I'm loosing all of it. There aint no shortcuts on trimmer work.

Neet thing about ivin in sweat bullets 9 months of the year.

8. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

can you say .............tripple bypass? man u gotta stay in shape.
  9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Actually, I have my full annual physical exam in December of each year. Full blood work done, chlorestorol count, the whole 9 yards, etc. Then my doc jumps in my s*** that I'm not 21 anymore. kiddin doc???
  10. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Same here. This year I'm trying the Atkins diet to shed a few. Slowly but surely it seems to be working. and YES about sweating bullets.LOL