Staying Home

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nelbuts, Aug 14, 2003.

1. nelbuts

nelbuts LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW, FL

Staying home today(Thurs.). Nice little tropical disturbance coming through with a bunch of rain and some wind up to 35mph. Hate missing a pruning day. Now I have to work longer on Sunday. Lost Monday due to heavy rain. Then worked 28 hours Tuesday and Wed. to catch up.

Let's see have I used every day of the week so far in this post? Nope forgot Sat. Oh well, hey just did. :D

2. GLAN

GLAN Banned

3. maple city

maple city LawnSite Senior Member

I stayed home today too. Husband was on duty, so no work for me :D.

It was overcast all day. I am just about doing a rain dance because it's been dry for 3 weeks. Mowin' dust. So at 5:00 this afternoon, I'm doing some errands, and the raindrops are coming. Our big fat rain lasted about 2 minutes and didn't even get the pavement completely wet.

I'll be mowing dust again tomorrow (If we even have mowing to do, no rain = no grass growth):angry:

4. Strawbridge Lawn

Strawbridge Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

We had a drought last summer and this year it is the wettest on record. Still keeping up despite the rain, but having to juggle schedules becasue of excessively wet properties.
    You can have ours. PLEASE!!!

5. dougmartin2003

dougmartin2003 LawnSite Senior Member

wish it would rain here
    :confused:

6. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

maple city ,,i totally sympathise..
    its almost enough to make u believe in some sorta curse.hope it rains with the sun shining ,,for u.