Staying Organized

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Georgiehopper, May 14, 2003.

1. Georgiehopper

Georgiehopper LawnSite Member

When we are really busy, sometimes organization goes right out the window. I have used print outs, erasable boards, and software programs to try and stay organized...but sometimes I have customers who seem to fall through the cracks.

How do you guys keep it together when things are in a mad rush?

2. kels

kels LawnSite Senior Member

schedule wise, I use a Palm Pilot no customers have been passed as of 2 seasons, the key is to schedule the person for the next service after you have completed the task and before you leave that property no matter what your method of scheduling is.

3. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I feel your pain....it just takes constant work.

MATT

4. scott's turf

scott's turf LawnSite Senior Member
    from NH

Palm pilot here too. My employees log in the time at each job and can referece the address book if they forget where the place is. Great tool just remember to back it up frequently.

5. Georgiehopper

I know nothing about those palm pilots...are they like PDAs or are they more involved than that?

What is a good one to use?

6. kels

a Palm Pilot is a PDA, I use the m515 but there are many to choose from, whatever fits your budget, they take a little getting use to but do a fantastic job (for me).

7. Georgiehopper

What can a person expect to pay for one of those? and do they come with software?

8. kels

9. drobson

drobson LawnSite Member

I use a palm pilot too. They go anywhere from $100 to $1000 depending on which one you get. But a basic model is great to start out with. It will get you organized and if you really like it you can upgrade to one with all the bells and whistles...

10. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I just use my microsoft calendar and a good pad of paper:p