1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Stck edger blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by The Captain, Jul 5, 2006.

1. The Captain

The Captain LawnSite Senior Member

I've done the usual "Search", but can't find an answer to my question. How much of a differance does it make if I use a 'sharpened' blade or a 'unsharpened' flat blade? :confused: The one I've been using is worn so badly I can't tell if it was ever sharp. (I'm using an Echo PAS-260 edger attachment.)

Thanks for the help.........Jim
  2. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Well, the sharpened blades will leave a great edge in thick turf but they dull too quickly to allow you to gain anything...

Non sharpened for me.
  3. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

regardless -get them at lesco for around 1$ per blade
  4. Oxmow

Oxmow LawnSite Senior Member

I also have used the lesco blades for the last 6 years or so. Last winter i bought a box of 50 for about 35 bucks. They were unpainted, but who cares about the paint. I edge every lawn with it so blades only last me a few days if that. If you buy the box of 10 its about 12-13 bucks.
  5. General Landscaping

General Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Plain Jane, unfinished, square edged blades, $50 for 50.
    Toss 'em when they are too short to do any good.
  6. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

i use the star blades from my local shop. i think they work better than the straight.
  7. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

in my experience after about 15 or so minutes with a fresh flat blade it is turning sharp anyway .