Stealing a SCAG??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by paponte, Apr 10, 2003.

1. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

I just bought a 52" Advantage deck belt drive SCAG for $2800. Did I just steal it from the guy? With a jumbo catcher and tax it came out to $3100.00 and change. Anyone have other prices on these?? :confused:
  2. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

Last year I bought a 2002 scag 17/48 belt drive for 3099.It has been trouble free so far.However it needs more horsepower.:)
  3. Arnold

Arnold LawnSite Member
    from Wyoming

I bought a Jacobsen Greensking Electric for 7000$ brand new still in the crate and the 7000$ included shipping from Texas. I don't know about your mower, but there are mowers out there to steal if your there to steal them.
  4. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Oh yeah, and it has an 18 horse Kohler on it. It just sounded really cheap for a brand new machine. Like I said, it felt like I was stealing it from the guy. :cool:
  5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I wouldn't call you a thief Paul...maybe just a baby robber...LOL. That is a good price though and with 18hp, you should go through the tall stuff like Grant went through Richmond. No offense to my LS friends south of the Mason-Dixon.

BTW, best of luck with your new machine.:D
  6. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

Better watch it there Rodfather! check my location.
  7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Yikes! Would it make it any better if I told you my favorite sister has lived in VA for the last 34 years? That's gotta mean something. BTW, she's my only one, hehe
  8. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

With that sized engine that sounds like a very nice deal.