stealing others accounts

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by leonardlawncare, Jul 12, 2004.

1. leonardlawncare

leonardlawncare Banned

Just wondering whats the best way for a new mower guy to steal jobs away from these big name companys?

When you'll advertise what do you actual put on your advertisments?

2. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

You're not supposed to steal accounts from other LCOs. We are all one big family of lawn brothers.

Now if you said stealing as a figure of speech, the best way to accomplish this is by doing good work, this will get you noticed by neighbors and get you referrals, and that's free advertising.

For real advertising ideas, just check out what other LCOs do, and get some ideas from that.

3. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm not gonna touch this with a 10' pole....And I doubt that many others here will either...

4. sharpcutter

sharpcutter LawnSite Member

I think that you have got a lot to learn pal. No matter how much I may dislike the "big companies" I would not intentionally steal someone elses work. Nor would I encourage it or give helpful advice on how to do so. But I guess at the age of 16, you have not gotten to an ethics class yet. I dont think by your line of questioning that you would get it anyhow. America was built on free enterprise, not by screwing everyone else. There is a difference between the two.

Hard work, dedication, quality planning, and a good woman will get you where you want to go.

5. jbell113

jbell113 LawnSite Senior Member

Hey leonard that was the wrong thing to say here ....get ready to get ripped pal..goodluck

6. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

There's gonna be probably 200 replies to this by this time tomorrow...Release the hounds!!

7. Evergreenpros

Evergreenpros LawnSite Bronze Member

People generally go with a "big company" because they get tired of dealing with 3-4 different guys each year trying to get their lawn mowed. Most people will gladly pay 20%+ more each year if they have reliable service.

"Hmm I wonder if (insert name here) will show up today?"

8. MJD75

MJD75 LawnSite Member

What is the best way to steal a rookies clients and run him into the ground before he takes off?????

9. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow...You can not even call this one a TROLL...It is his first post.

Trevor

10. moneyman

moneyman LawnSite Member

go to the accounts of the "big bad LCO" and tell the customers you dont have insurance, a license or pay taxes..
    that should win them over!