1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Stealing signs

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by zippy-phil, Sep 6, 2012.

1. zippy-phil

zippy-phil LawnSite Member

So I expect this to happen, but, out of 6 signs I have out at street corners I only have 2 left. Not a big deal, just frustrating. I know I have taken some of those signs before. bah! I have 20 more to put out. Those political election signs are great with a can of spray paint.

2. easy-lift guy

easy-lift guy LawnSite Gold Member

Maybe your signs are being removed by code enforcement. Or your competition?
    easy-lift guy

3. DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING

DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member

And im not giving them back!
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. bln

bln LawnSite Senior Member

I caught another landscaper trying to steal one of my signs once, when confronted he took a swing at me.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. clydebusa

clydebusa LawnSite Bronze Member

I remove all of them that are on the commercial areas I maintain. Probably is code police.

6. zippy-phil

zippy-phil LawnSite Member

I can't justify spending a lot a money on new signs when so many disappear. We have been door hanging the heck out of a neighbor then sticking a sign near the entrance of the sub division.

7. Durabird02

Durabird02 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Not suprised they are being removed. Someone that lives near the sign or has to mow around it, is probably removing them. Find another legal method of advertising.

8. JLSLLC

JLSLLC LawnSite Silver Member

i saw some kids today just take a yard sign and just walk away... IT WASNT MINE LOL

Last edited: Sep 10, 2012