Stealth Dump Trucks

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Xpertise_Landscaping, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Xpertise_Landscaping

Xpertise_Landscaping LawnSite Member

i've been looking into a dump insert for my truck. well while searching the web the other day and i found this site... they make dump kits for under your stock truck bed. thing i like about them is that you can still put a toolbox in the bed and your not taking up your entire bed with an insert. here's the link. your comments and opinions would be greatly appreciated.

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

ive only seen a couple of those but they seem pretty good.
  3. kj330

kj330 LawnSite Member

did you see the price? when i checked into it they where 1400.00 w/o installation. go with an insert they are great. put air bags in and it will compensater for the weight of the insert and then some.
  4. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

Have you seen the price for inserts? This is far more economical than an actual insert. And if you are going to be putting this on a personal/work truck, then you won't have to have the look of the dump insert on your truck.

This stealth dump would be a great thing for you.
  5. kj330

kj330 LawnSite Member

Yes i have seen the prices. i had one for years i paid 2300(cash for it). Now the same one with everything is 2825.00. I only reason i sold mine was i got a hell of a deal on a dumping flat bed. They are worth there weight in gold.( and as to the fuel economy issue carrying around the extra weight of an insert.(didnt chang any on my V 10, i get 12.5mpg whether i am loaded,towing,or dry city or highway). The reason i woulndt by the stealth kit is it doesnt brace the factory bed when dumping alot of material gets hung up on the wheel wells. Also i have heard they make the bed bounce around alot.
  6. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

The stock beds arent really great for handling much of a load of loose material that you would dump cause the sides are weak. I would be concerned that if you carried material often enough to need a dump that the bed would get really beat up... but then it would be awesome to be able to dump without having "a dump". Like the idea anyway.

Heres mine

It will hold about as much as the truck weighs haha:weightlifter:

truck 005.JPG

truck 004.JPG

working pics 009.jpg
  7. 4 seasons lawn&land

from NY

woops, that last one is pre-dump.
  8. Kutz Lawns

Kutz Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

And whoever's house that is, it's falling apart!
  9. 4 seasons lawn&land

from NY

thanks, thats my house and those are the old gutters that got replaced with the seamless covered ones that you never have to clean.
  10. pitrack

pitrack LawnSite Bronze Member

Those are really cool, I have never seen those before.