Stealth Dump Trucks

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Xpertise_Landscaping, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Xpertise_Landscaping

Xpertise_Landscaping LawnSite Member

4 seasons you need a back-rack to protect that cab window!

2. capecodjon

capecodjon LawnSite Member

I am currently working on building a work truck from a '88 GMC one ton pickup.
    I sold a utility body off it, so a stealth dump isn't bad idea. since the bed is already off. I bought a standard 8 foot bed to replace the utility body.
    There is an insert available locally for a reasonable price, and I like the fact that it can take some abuse unlike the standard bed with a stealth dump. The insert already has a good rear gate sideboards, etc., and drops right in. If it ends up being $500 cheaper to get the insert, I'll probably go that route.

3. AdamChrap

AdamChrap LawnSite Senior Member

Not sure I like the stealth, don't think the bed will hold up. Maybe if you use it only once in while. Go with a insert.

4. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

anyone know what those cab protectors for the dump insert go for?

5. becpropertymaint.

becpropertymaint. LawnSite Senior Member

hmm all together for my dump insert and cab protecter with tarp was 2400 and change

6. ruffs

ruffs LawnSite Member
    from md pa

I have owned a stealth dump kit for over a year now and have used it many times. its on a 07 2500 hd . they are the same price as the insert and only weigh about 150bls .
    much lighter than and insert. also you will loose 1 cubic yard to the insert. you will have to make up for it in height makeing your load top heavy . a 48 inch walkbehind wont fit on the flooor of an insert. you cat put it on yourself instructions ar great. eric torvlston. makes them and is very compitent (use to build helichopters and subs). dumps quickly and alinment is perfect notthing he hasnt thought of.

7. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

What kind of insert do you have?

I was checking a few weeks ago and the very cheapest I found was the Buyers poly (plastic) and they were still $1900 + tax and install. The steel Brimar, Truckcraft etc, were around or over $4000 installed.

I can get a 14' dump trailer with 14K axles for $5300 + tax:rolleyes: That's one of the reason I said screw the insert.

8. becpropertymaint.

becpropertymaint. LawnSite Senior Member

truck craft is what i have the steel one

9. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

we have a brimar with the headache rack built in. it is great, but if you dont want to lose your bed space and dont do too much why not go with the stealth.

10. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

The prices of the inserts really went up then, I dont know what mine was but it wasn't that much.