stealth lawn mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by accountant, May 10, 2000.

1. accountant

accountant LawnSite Member

Has anyone heard of the Stealth mower? Our local power equipment dealer has a new 33 inch commercial walk-behind mower for sale manufactured by Stealth. The unit has a heavy duty deck, 10.5 hp B&S engine, 3 forward speeds, no reverse and no independent braking, 3 blades. He says lots of his commercial accounts use this mower for gate entry and smaller back yards. I'm interested in the machine for home use, but since I have never heard of this company, I hesitate to buy it. I'm looking for a small commercial walk-behind and am considering the 32-inch, gear-drive Bob Cat, however, this Stealth unit is lower priced and might meet my needs (2 acres of lawn). Any comments are welcome. Thanks.

2. Gus

Gus LawnSite Member

I`d go with the Ransomes it`s a more heavy duty trur commercial machine with years of a great reputation. Find one with a Honda or Kawasaki motor because the briggs just doesnt cut it in my opinion.<p>----------<br>gus....<br>

3. southside

southside LawnSite Senior Member

I agree,the only good briggs is a burning<br>one.<p>Karl<br>

4. accountant

Thanks, guys. I'll go with the expert advice.

5. RH

RH LawnSite Member

<br>Be wary of the Stealth. It's a Chinese made unit with B&S engine. Doesn't matter how cheap it is, can you gets parts when you need 'em, and who's gonna stand behind the unit when it goes down??? The importer??? Yea right.

6. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

I don't know anything about this mower, but i would sure stack my briggs vangard up as one of the best engines on the market, I also run kohler,and robin motors. Those japan motors are all made well.<p>----------<br>Mark's Mowing Service<br>

7. accountant

thanks for the replies and advice. I've given up on the Stealth (what good is the machine if a supply of parts is in jeopardy) and am looking at a 36 Bob-Cat. The units are expensive, but will last forever with proper maintenance and care. Thanks for the help.

8. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

I know they aren't popular-but my friend has a 36&quot;pro Gravely and its 4 years old,hasnt needed a single thing yet,cut is great,blades are cheap,and its got a 12.5 kohler.I've found that Jap motors(Kawi,kubota,yanmar,briggsVanguard,are much better than the american built Kohler,Onan,or Briggs.<p>----------<br>John D<br>