1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

stealth mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by snowmizer, Jan 2, 2004.

1. snowmizer

snowmizer LawnSite Member

has anyone used these mowers "sutech industries" with the 10.5 briggs & stratton engine?33" cut , 3 blades.just curious on your thoughts..
  2. The Lawn Boy Pro

The Lawn Boy Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Waste-o-money. Too hard to maneuver, due to a gear drive, so you would have to be shirfting like a self-propelled snowblower all the time. BIG pain.
  3. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Just curious, have you actually used one? Not to pick a fight I just was wondering.
  4. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

I had an opportunity to try one a few years ago and I was not impressed. Very poor cut, when mulching it looked like you were dethatching, a pain to manuever and steer, very difficult to change heights. Since then, some improvements have been made and the unit with the kawasaki engine is apparently better. Some other units to look at would be the troy bilt 33" unit or a new 33" unit being made by Billy Goat this year. The web address is http://www.billygoat.com Other than that, you may wish to look at a 32" or 36" from some of the more established companies like Ferris, Exmark, Toro etc.
  5. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 LawnSite Senior Member

joed nailed it on the head