Steel prices rising ... Will all ZTR prices increase soon ??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by webdrifter, Jul 29, 2004.

1. webdrifter

webdrifter LawnSite Member

I just found out that Huster is raising their prices by around 3% August first. Has anyone heard if the other brands are expecting price increases soon?

This screws me up a little because I'm interested in the Hustler Super Z, but I would really love to demo some more other brands before my final decision. If I wait long the price for a Super Z will go up around $350. This increase will put it real close to the cost of an eXmark.
  2. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

Everything will probably rise August 1. Dump trailers have gone up about 6% and may go up more. Plows are going up 5% on August 1 or 31st. My bet would be ztrs would be the same.
  3. beransfixitinc

beransfixitinc LawnSite Senior Member

Stuff that's currently on the floor shouldn't see a jump, new stuff coming in most def. will. Who knew China could use so much?
  4. Bilboy

Bilboy LawnSite Member

John Deere dealer was raising their prices about 2 weeks ago while I was looking. The salesman was astonished that they would do this mid-season
  5. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

We should see a steel price decline in late august, that's when it's expected anyway. The prices are partly higher given that more is being made with domestic made steel, Foreign steel is being used where it is manufactured as of now.
    But Remember, For each 100 american steelworker jobs made, 440 are made for after-manufacturing positions!!
  6. sawman65

sawman65 LawnSite Senior Member

yea hustler is going up but not what i have on the floor
    dixie sent me a memo the other day that they will try to ride this out and see if it declines havent heard from exmark but i am sure i wiil soon
  7. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

add steel prices to fuel, insurance, fert prices.... everyone gets my money but me nowadays...
  8. Tony1045

Tony1045 LawnSite Member

Chalk up another one for John Deere. I purchased a new JD 727A little over a week ago. Got the last one they had in stock. I paid $6600. Salesman said the "new" price is going to be $6900, because of the increase in steel prices. Tony :drinkup:
  9. beransfixitinc

beransfixitinc LawnSite Senior Member

Supposed increases in Exmark at the end of August. Not sure they can go and change published pricing until the publish expires.
  10. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

better get it while the gettin is good!

or wait till sping when you can't

demo demo demo...
    :) :angel:

Then you will have to pull out the rusty tractor and go low tech...