Steel track Compact track loader?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by BIGBEN2004, Feb 17, 2008.

1. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 LawnSite Senior Member

I posted this similar tread on Heavy Equipment but I want to see if anyone here has any info. I am trying to find out who makes or made a CTL with steel tracks instead of rubber tracks. My friend tried to say Posi Track used to make them but I know that isn't true. I have seen some pictures of them but don't know where to find the pictures at. The tracks resembled a full size track loader. I know they are kinda useless in almost every condition a CTL is required to go in since most of the time you are crossing pavement and I am not interested in buying one I just need some pictures or a brand name to prove to him who makes or made them.
  2. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

I’m pretty sure bobcat Ron can help you out.:drinkup:
  3. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

Rayco makes a smaller one, and there's another company out there... red/grey paint scheme... forgot the name.
  4. tallrick

tallrick LawnSite Senior Member

I have always wondered why no major manufacturer makes them, while they have been made by one company for years!

Years back I was called to replace some hoses on one, the owner used it for projects around his 10 acre yard. While slow I was impressed by the power of the thing.

Steel tracks with rubber shoes beat any rubber-band track, hands down and would be rebuildable- better for the environment.
  5. cat2

cat2 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Mi

wow just a little guy
  6. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

the company you need to talk to is....... crap i cant remember. they make forestry cutter heads also.... ahhh super trak they dont have a picture of them on the website but they have em. i to was thinking about setting my ct332 up with a set. let me know if you get prices
  7. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

On that supertrak link to their site is a Cat 287B wih a Steel track under carriage, click on the "SK 140STR', looks like a Berco U/C with single (ouch) grousers.
  8. Mjh Excavating

Mjh Excavating LawnSite Member

Anybody know of a company that can set you up with steel tracks for a CTL?
  9. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

SuperTrak's 287B conversion is completely insane, I think the upgraded engine puts out 140 horses or somewhere around there.
  10. #1 Catman

#1 Catman LawnSite Member
    from USA

You may want to put the SSL/MTL/CTL machines aside and purchase and older Cat 931 track loader for the requested jobs. The MTL/CTL's on the market all have there place in the field and perform very well for what they were designed to. When ever you put a steel track option like the Supertrak machine you just don't install the tracks. There is a lot that is changed. From pump presures to joystick responce and drive motor torques. Although the Supertrak machine is a out right beast and is had incredible performace, It has it's place. Just remember think of your owning and operation cost before you deside to put a MTL/CTL in the applications that you will regret.