1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Steep hill and engine prob.

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by EastTnLC, Jul 2, 2005.

1. EastTnLC

EastTnLC LawnSite Member

I need all the luck I can get before I take a hammer to it and make it dead for good! :angry: ! Thank you for your help! :waving:

2. EastTnLC

EastTnLC LawnSite Member

I found out what was chattering in the engine. It was a screw from my air filter base plate. It must have gotten lose and fell down in there. Does anyone know what the repair bill would be to fix that problem and adjust the carb? Right now the screw seems to be bouncing around :dizzy: because it will work fine but, then it will do its chattering and then it will go back to normal. A rough estimate would be fine. Thanks!

3. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

I would probably charge 1 hr. labor to remove the intake manifold and remove the screw and adjust the float level, Plus any gaskets needed,If the screw made it into the cylinder you would need a tear-down estimate which would be the same hour which would not include repair or reassembly just a estimate for cost to repair.