Steep hill diggin.

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by hoeman376, Sep 10, 2010.

1. hoeman376

hoeman376 LawnSite Senior Member

Now GR says I have never dug in anything but the city but then I rembered I had some pics from a couple years ago digging some test holes for the gravel pit................ LETS SEE YOUR STEEP HILL DIGGING PICS

312.jpg

photo.jpg

Picture.jpg

312%20h.jpg

2. nedly05

nedly05 LawnSite Senior Member

Wow, you must have lost some sleep due to sever leg pain from holding yourself in the seat on that job:wall

Seriously though, those are good pics, the bottom one really shows how steep it is. I think I saw those on HEF a couple years ago didnt I?

3. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

I've seen those on HEF before. :laugh:

4. hoeman376

hoeman376 LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah 312king is my name on hef. But yeah my legs were not to sore I'm not a pussy like GR
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. AdvLandscapeLLC

AdvLandscapeLLC LawnSite Senior Member

nice, the other day drove by the landfill in hartford ct off the highway and not to be one upper but god damn those hills make those look like a handicap ramp and these guys were dozing and digging away. Definitely more then I have done nice work.:usflag:

6. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I wish I had take a photo of one in particular I did in Big Sky Montana. Snow on the ground at 9000 feet, and 25' of fall just in the footprint of the house. Now that is steep. Had a CX225 and had a hellava time staying stuck to the mountain. good times

7. hvy 1ton

hvy 1ton LawnSite Senior Member

That site must have made one hell of a walk out basement

8. 7.3 Rocket

7.3 Rocket LawnSite Member
    from CT

That landfill they're closing in hartford does have some very steep slopes to it. I've seen it going to and from Interstate Ford and the trash to energy plant. Definitely ups the pucker factor a little bit at first but after a while it's just like anything else.

9. Ozz

Ozz LawnSite Senior Member

No pics, I didn't own a manageable camera at the time ( A Nikon F100 may be manageable to a pro, but they're not running equipment.) But It was back in '05. I was on a Hitach EX120 doing well site prep in the Allegheny mountains, paired up with a Komatsu D39. The dozer guy would winch himself up a hill, then anchor himself, then yank me up.

Tons of fun.

10. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Hoeman that is steep but you wouldn't take a mini excavator with rubber tracks up that slope. Your 312 will stick to that fairly well if it was wet then maybe not so well.

I have had the one of the contractors I worked for with a 15 ton hoe on some steep stuff. No pictures there was no stopping you didn't have time to even take a pee I demanded lunch breaks.

There is a big difference in leg room in a mini and a fullsize machine when your bracing yourself, relax your legs and your sliding forward. The seat in the 331 is thrashed I had to have a bath towel on it there was no upholstery over the seat foam just the foam.